Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Budding Contributor

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito Cordless

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ricochet. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Generally, 18-volt and 12-volt tools do not have exchangeable batteries. The Ozito Home 12v Drill Driver Kit's battery is compatible with the rest of their 12-volt cordless range. However, the 18-volt range will not accept the 12-volt battery.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ozitoyesorno

Do the Ozito 18V 1.5mAh batteries fit into the Ozito PXC skins?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ozitoyesorno. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The PXC skins suit PXC batteries. If it is an older 18-volt battery, then it will not fit the current PXC range. You will, however, find some fantastic combo kits with batteries included if you are looking at starting in this range.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ozitoyesorno,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust Mitch's reply was helpful. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Jason

Neilo123
Budding Browser

Re: Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Can you still buy the older style Ozito batteries. I was given a combo kit but the battery is dead I tried everything to get it going but to no avail.so a new battery is needed I think or is their something else I can do.

Neilo123

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Neilo123. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

Could we please trouble you for a picture of the battery terminals and details of the model number? That will help us identify what older style battery you are looking for. Once we know which battery it is, I would be more than happy to contact Ozito for you to see if it is still available to order. You might like to consider replacing the charger at the same time as often it's difficult to decipher whether the battery or charger is at fault.

Mitchell

cnmorris
Budding Browser

Dear Mitchell

I have a range of Ozito 18v Power Exchange tools, bought from Bunnings

I have been offered some 18v batteries from a different range, which fit Bosch BAT609 BAT618 17618 25618-01 BAT610G 24618

Would these be compatible?

Thanks

Nick Morris

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cnmorris. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

The Ozito 18v Power X change tools suit the current range of batteries from Ozito in-store. Unfortunately, Bosch batteries only suit Bosch tools and won't fit into an Ozito product. An Ozito Power X Change 18V 2.5Ah Battery And Charger Pack will be a good option if you require an additional battery.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

Pennoze
New Contributor

Hi Mitchell, just jumping on this thread with a similar question if I may.

I have an Ozito PowerXChange lawnmower that uses 18V 4.0Ah batteries and I've bought some spares of those. I'm now looking at other tools in the PXC range, such as an edge trimmer that uses a 18V 2.0Ah battery, and a drill that uses 18V 1.5Ah. Can I use the 4.0Ah battery in any 18V PXC tool?

Many thanks,

Penny

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects