Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Getting Established

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

smd100
Just Starting Out

Re: charger for pre x series 18v brushless drill

I am in the same boat. I bought a few of the pre PXC tools. They are the 18V, L-ion ones like in Doolie1948's photo. It's really annoying that I bought these tools+batteries+charger, then within months Ozito replaced the range. The new PXC range has the same voltage + same battery technology but is incompatible. What was the reason for the replacement? If I go and buy a load of PXC tools, how do I know another new incompatible range won't come out in 12 months time?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @smd100. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Ozito PXC range .

The PXC range was introduced in 2015 to bring Ozito's technology in line with the rest of the industry. Support for the legacy ranges was continued for many years after the ranges were discontinued in-store. It's only now, several years after the tools have been discontinued that we are no longer able to order replacement batteries and chargers. 

If a range of tools is discontinued within months of you buying them, then I'd suggest returning them to where you purchased them. However, I suspect that if your tools are now several years old, then this might not be an option anymore. With all our suppliers combined, I could easily count on one hand the number of times I've seen them all change battery styles in the past 20-odd years. Rest assured, if you were to purchase a load of PXC tools and another incompatible range came out in 12 months, I'd be the first one getting our team in-store to return them all for you. The PXC and Ryobi Expand-It ranges exist to ensure all tools are bought inline and eliminate the battery incompatibility issues we've been experiencing for many years.

The technology used in the new batteries and tools (predominantly surrounding smart charging) is far superior to the legacy items. Even if they had the same connections, they would not be compatible.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I agree with @smd100. By not supporting that older style battery/s there are literally hundreds of thousands of perfectly good tools going into landfill. That practice of changing batteries so they dont fit the older tools should be made illegal. Its a terrible decision against sustainability on the part of the manufacturer. I for one wont be supporting any company, manufacturer or retailer that engages in or facilitates such unconscionable behaviour.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @handyman101. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

We appreciate your feedback on the incompatibility of older style batteries with newer technology. I'll pass it on to our merch team and Ozito to look into.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the home and garden. Please let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

Kathrynwatt
Just Starting Out

Ozito batteries.

Hi, I have an Ozito 254mm 18v cordless chainsaw, can I use the same battery for the Ozito cordless trimmer? Thanks.  

Re: Ozito batteries.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kathrynwatt. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ozito battery compatibility.

If you could please show us a picture of the battery you currently have and the chainsaw, I'll let you know whether it would be compatible with the current PXC range cordless trimmer. They'll be compatible if the current tool and battery are branded with a PXC. Please let me know if you have any trouble sharing a photo with us. 

I look forward to hearing more details about your equipment.

Mitchell

Maroubra
Finding My Feet

Can Ozito PXBP 300 3Ah be used in place of Ozito PXC18V 2.0Ah or similiar?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can Ozito PXBP 300 3Ah be used in place of Ozito PXC18V 2.0Ah or similiar?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Maroubra. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ozito batteries.

All Ozito PXC range batteries are compatible. They can be identified by the Power Xchange sticker on their side. The PXBP-300 3Ah is also part of this range and can be used in place of the Ozito PXC 18V 2.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery

It's a bit confusing as you've identified one by model number and the other by description. Their model numbers are actually PXBP-300 and PXBP-200, and their descriptions are PXC 18V 3.0Ah and PXC 18V 2.0Ah. Makes a bit more sense when PXC is in both of their descriptions.

They're both part of the PXC range and will interchange with any PXC tool.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Many thanks for this clarification and the prompt response. It is really helpful and i am grateful for the Worksho[p site.😀

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Reach out anytime you need assistance @Maroubra. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects