Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: What is your garage mainly used for?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: What is your garage mainly used for?

While the average garage was designed to store cars, most are soon used to store all manner of items. They are often also used as workshops, and even converted into bedrooms, home cinemas, man caves or she-sheds.

Our latest Workshop poll asks what your garage is primarily used for. Please add your vote on the front page, and feel free to keep the discussion going by replying below. 

Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: Poll: What is your garage mainly used for?

@Jason we put a structural floor above the garage ceiling for storage similar to the
Floor for the loft

Approx. 16m2 Floor Area, no walls  access by Alum. ladder, 

Total Cost <$1k 

I have a 2 car garage. 50% is for the car and my wife's laundry. The other 50% is for my inside Workshop. I so have a 2 car carport 20% is storage/bikes and 80% of is my outside Workshop..
dingodudette
Cultivating a Following

One side for the XE Falcon and laundry - one side for dad's recreational oil painting and dunny.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Workshop members mainly use their garages for parking cars, but storing junk is also very common.

Here's the results of our latest poll:

GaragePoll.png

For those that have a storage problem, check out these previous Workshop discussions for ideas and inspiration:

Hope you find the information and advice useful. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects