Workshop
Ask a question

Building custom garage storage

boris
Building a Reputation

Building custom garage storage

We just moved into a new place and we need more storage! The garage has enough room for some shelving so we considered the metal premade packs, but decided to build a timber frame to make the most of the space.

Dad (ex Carpenter) gave me a hand to pre build the vertical frames. We used 35 x 70mm pine. It was easily the most cost effective, and will be strong.

20160207_160502.jpg

20160207_160223.jpg

Ali was a great help!

20160207_160607.jpg

20160207_163337.jpg

20160314_153724.jpg

Then screwed the vertical frames to the studs on the walls. 

20160314_153734.jpg

20160314_163621.jpg

That's enough work for the weekend. Still a fair bit to go!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: garage storage

Great project @boris, many thanks for sharing. I also posted this morning about storage - it's a constant challenge for many people!

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you as part of the community. Looking forward to seeing how your garage shelves turn out and seeing some of your other projects around the house and garden. Please post again soon.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Good work. Love to do something like this. 

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Great job! Very practical
Wood Working with Wayne
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @boris,

Just wondering if you've done some more work on this project since your original post? It would be great to see an update.

Thanks,

Jason

Lori
Finding My Feet

Would love to see the finished product!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you got plans for something similar @Lori? Feel free to start a new discussion if you would like some ideas or help. Our community members are always happy to share their knowledge and experience.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. It's fantastic to have you join us. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Great work with the shelves. I have been trying to sort storage in my shed. You have given me some inspiration to get in and get mine sorted....
StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Building custom garage storage

Hi @boris,

This project has been really popular with almost 27,000 views. I'm sure many in our community would love to follow along and see the end result. Could you share an update with us?

Stevie

Re: Building custom garage storage

sure, will get some shots for you stevie 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects