Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shed conversion

Woodleigh
Finding My Feet

Shed conversion

OK so huge job ahead of me but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Any suggestions on how I can insulate an existing 10 x 12 shed & what I should use ?

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: Shed conversion

Hi @Woodleigh
Seriously, It depends on it's use, more information required
If it is habitable ie, office, you may need an energy report, planning approvals, Code compliance, etc

Check with your Council. hth

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Woodleigh,

Welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join us and we trust that you'll receive loads of helpful advice and inspiration from our community for this project and many others to come in the future. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share.

Could you tell us what you plan on using the shed for? It might help our members provide more useful advice. 

You might be particularly interested in @TheSaltyreefer's recent project here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/Studio-shed-coming-along/td-p/22335

And this new workshop and garage build by @Seaton - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/Timber-framed-double-garage-and-workshop-build/td-p/2...

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi, just had a look at thesaltyreefer...WOW !
I'm keeping a third of the shed for my tools, toys etc. but want to use the other two thirds for weekend accommodation. It gets fiercely hot in summer & perishingly cold in winter.
I'm not trying to make a "boutique" living space.
I spoke to council & they said so long as I didn't have an oven/fully functioning kitchen then I didn't have to do full a DA - just an "alteration to existing building application". So I can put a bathroom and microwave in there, ideally Id like to put in a loft as the shed centre is high.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Woodleigh,

Hope all is well. Just wondering if you have made any progress with your shed conversion project? It would be great to get an update. And please let us know if you need a hand with anything.  

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects