Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sliding drop saw cabinet

Razzer
Having an Impact

Sliding drop saw cabinet

Here is a build that I did in my garage. It is made mainly out of 18mm MDF. I have attached a before and after photo. The vertical draws are to hold 1lt paint/stain cans. It has plenty of storage.

20180617_194330.jpg

20160423_164030.jpg

20180421_153939.jpg

20180430_193958.jpg20180506_173054.jpg20180603_132143.jpg20180506_173104.jpg20180616_194212.jpg

Re: Sliding drop saw cabinet

Gday @Netorius - The vertical draw slides are for holding 1lt Paint and Stain cans. I can access from both side when open. Thinking of making some so I can put spray paint cans aswell, but will need to put some bungee to stop it from falling out.

Netorius
Getting Established

@Jason Thanks for the tip!  Look forward to many DIY tips and advice.

Netorius
Getting Established

@Razzer, great idea, thanks
HandyAndy
Building a Reputation

mate, this is epic. very sexy 👌

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Love the way you built the drop saw into the bench and the ducted dust collector. The little stoppers for distance gauging is simple but looks effective. Might give it a go. Well done. 

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

This is just amazing @Razzer   Ummm where do you live?  interested in making another?  Since you have done such an amazing job on this one it will take you half the time to make another...   :smile:  Just love it.  It would look amazing in my workshop.  You have thought of everything.  How big is it Razzer?  Did it take you very long?  Would have been a great ISO project that's for sure.  Keep up your amazing work.  

Clarkos_Majoris
Finding My Feet

Wow that is outstanding!

Im on the Mornington Peninsula. Stuck in my house aswell. Its 3m long and 1.9 high. It only took me 2 weeks to build it after work. Im building another one for my mate but its alot different. She is renting, so cant fix it to the wall. Think it cost me about $600 for everything. I would change the fence though, would prefer the track to be on top with a flip down stopper. As it does get stuck in a few places. I have also added a dust collector from the bottom (wish I thought of it at the start). Just waiting for the larger dust collector to arrive, I went for a twin bag 3hp model. I have the Full boar dust collector but needed a bigger one for the new tools coming soon. Im building cabinets in the rest of the garage during ISO, just to keep me some what sane. 

unsoundguy
Growing in Experience

That is absolutely fantastic, what a great idea, and really well done.

unsoundguy
Growing in Experience

Timbercon have great T Track and slightly less expensive www.timbecon.com.au/torquata-aluminium-t-track

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects