Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

This type of screw sold by Bunnings?

ivanptr
Making a Splash

This type of screw sold by Bunnings?

ivanptr_0-1629267109487.png

ivanptr_1-1629267115463.png

Hi is this kind of screw sold by Bunnings? Anyone could send me the product link?

We checked Reject Shop but they dont have this kind of tiny screw.

This tiny screw is with our garage remote and we are looking to purchase some spare as now the remote is missing two screws and very loose with only one left. 

Thank you so much for any advice. 

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: This type of screw sold by Bunnings?

Hi @ivanptr if you can't find a suitable screw in Bunnings, it looks like something that would be most likely found in an electronics parts supplier's store, such as Altronics or Jaycar. Otherwise I would try a computer repair store where small plastic-suitable screws are plentiful. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ivanptr

Thank you for sharing your question about screws for your garage remote. The closest I could find is the Pinnacle M3 x 10mm Zinc Plated Round Head Bolts And Nuts - 20 Pack. I suggest bringing your screw to the store for size comparison. I recommend using Norton Bear 50mm x 4.5m Black Cloth Tape to tape the sides together temporarily. This will keep the remote together until you find a suitable screw.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric for the prompt response. I just studied the metric of screw and learnt that classification is like this:

ivanptr_3-1629270980235.png

Therefore if i could measure diameter of the screw then I could know which "M" I need 😅. Probably I will need 1M like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/304103491187?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Just to share some Interesting knowledge for someone like me as a novice..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects