Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ali-j
Just Starting Out

Are there any free pallets and how would we get them?

My local Bunnings is at the Cairns, Portsmith location and was just wondering how (if available) to get a few wooden pallets for a home project as I'm not familiar with the process. I appreciate and thank any information!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Are there any free pallets and how would we get them?

Hello @ali-j

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's magnificent to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about pallets.

I've just been in contact with Bunnings Cairns and they keep their giveaway pallets a the front of the timber area. They currently have some available and are ready for pick up. It's a fairly straightforward process, I often suggest giving the store a call and speaking to a timberyard team member. It's always important to check if the store has any free pallets in stock to give away. Once you've confirmed this, it's just a matter of going to the store and picking up the pallets for your project.

Make sure to have a look at our Top 10 most popular pallet projects for inspiration

Please make sure to post a photo of your pallet project, I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you've created.

Eric

ng
Just Starting Out

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Hello team,

I am living in Elsternwick 3185 VIC. I am wondering if I can collect any free wooden pallets from Bunnings. Also, how can i arrange for a delivery as I do not drive?
Please advise.

Thank you 

Angie

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Angie (@ng). It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about collecting free pallets.

I've made contact with Bunnings Chadstone, and they have pallets available. Unfortunately, your closer store Bunnings Oakleigh does not. We can have pallets delivered to you, but it would be best if you visited the store and selected the pallets you need. Pallets come in various shapes, styles, and qualities, so we want to ensure we deliver what you want.

Once you've selected the pallets, have a word to one of our helpful Trade Desk team members, and they'll book your delivery. Please be advised that there is a $40 fee for deliveries.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Re: Free Pallet

Hi im looking for free pallets on the gold coast Queensland 4210

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Pallet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SuanSelf. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about finding free pallets.

Have you checked with your local store Bunnings Oxenford? They have several pallets ready for you to pick up there at the moment. If you decide to attend the store later, it would be best to give them a quick call before heading in to ensure they have some pallets available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Where can I find pallets?

Hello, just wondering where I can find timber pallets in the Wollongong area.

Thanks!

Re: Where can I find pallets?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kwathen123.

Please contact the timber yard at your local Bunnings store and a team member will let you know whether they have any pallets available for you. 

What are you planning to build? We look forward to seeing what you create. You'll find the Workshop community has plenty of ideas and inspiration for you

Jason

Where can i find free pallets?

Hi, I am interested in making a pallet bed for my large dog. Any suggestions on where I can find free pallets in Melbourne (Pakenham area)?

Thanks,

Mohita

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Where can i find free pallets?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mkukreja. Your local Bunnings store will be happy to assist. Just give them a call and ask for a team member in the timber yard. We always suggest calling first in case they do not have any left at the moment. 

Looking forward to seeing your pallet puppy bed project come together. Please keep us up-to-date with how it's progressing. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects