Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: free pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Relsky. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

Bunnings Bonnyrigg has a supplier that picks up all their Pine pallets and re-uses them. The closest store that has them available is Bunnings Villawood, and they often leave a stack out for customers to pick up. There are plenty at the moment if you'd like to head in.

What are you planning on building? Be sure to check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects for inspiration.

Mitchell

CaCa
Just Starting Out

Re: How do you find free pallets?

where can I get free pallets in South Australia

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @CaCa. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring free pallets.

I trust you found the several suggestions above about where to find free pallets useful. Have you dropped into your local Bunnings store to see if any are available? That would be my suggestion, as my local store has plenty of pallets all the time.

Let us know if you have difficulty locating some pallets, and I'm sure our members would be happy to offer more advice.

Mitchell

Re: Free Pallet

Hi there!! I’m Melbourne based, living in Reservoir suburb. Where can I find free pallets in good conditions. It’s for DIY project. Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Pallet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @karo. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about finding pallets.

It looks like you have a few locations you could check around you. I'd suggest you contact the closest store to you out of Bunnings Thomastown, Northland, Coburg or Fairfield to see what they have available. I'm sure at least one of them will have some free pallets in good condition.

What's the D.I.Y. project you're working on? If you're undecided, there's plenty of inspiration in our Top 10 most popular pallet projects.

Mitchell

Where can I obtain Plastic pallets from

Where can I obtain/purchase plastic pallets to put in a storeroom to elevate stored items off the floor. Only need a height of around 10 cm/4 inches

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where can I obtain Plastic pallets from

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rob1A. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about obtaining plastic pallets.

Although our stores have an abundance of timber pallets, which we give away for free, only very rarely would we see plastic pallets come into the store. 

We do have the Matrix 1200 x 400 x 40mm Charcoal Fast Floor Panels, but they're only 40mm high. Another option might be to get some free timber pallets and attach Hafele plastic adjustable legs to their bottom. 

If you can provide a little more information about the need to elevate the items off the floor, perhaps our members might have some alternative suggestions for you.

Mitchell

Re: Where can I obtain Plastic pallets from

Hi Mitchell, thanks for the reply...I managed to source some plastic pallets from a crowd called MHA products ...thanks for your thoughtful input to alternatives, most appreciated

pallets

Hi 👋 just wondering if the pallets that are outside in bunnings carpark are free to take? My local bunnings has pallets near a trolley bay that seem to be there all the time? Thanks for your help!

Re: pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @whitecrane. It's marvellous that you've joined us and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

If they look like the plain Pine pallets in the image below, then they are free to take. 

Palletfree.png

If they are blue or red coloured as seen here, they are not free to take and are owned by our pallet supplier.

Palletowned.png

However, it's always best to check with the team at the store. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to identify the pallets they would like to get rid of.

What are you planning on building with them?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects