Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Workbench with tool storage

mb_580
Having an Impact

Workbench with tool storage

Hi everyone, happy new year to all, 

I made a workbench to organising my tools and clean-up my garage during last week (first week of holiday). I thought it might be useful for other members of the community to see the photos of the different phase of the project.

Below are the final product photos. I still hanging my tools as you can see.

IMG_6112.JPG

I add some more photo here from the beginning of the project to the end. hope this can help if you want to make a similar workbench.

All timbers are cuts to the size in Bunnings, but I need to modify some of the sizes at the end.

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6065.JPG

IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

IMG_6096.JPG

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tools organiser and Workbench with extra storage

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mb_580. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your workbench project.

That came out sensational! Were you following any plans or just making it up as you went along? Either way, it looks really robust. What did you use for the benchtop?

Our members always love an excellent workbench project, and I trust yours will inspire many of them to give it a go themselves.

Great work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, 

The whole idea started when I saw Simple D.I.Y. workbench by @Baggs. I've to adjust some sizing to be able to use the old storage cabinet under the bench, which was my Christmas gift from my boys ;-).

I've used MDF for benchtop and the rest of the structure is 700x350mm treated pine.

I will try to find the drawing plan and share it to community.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi MB.

Great workbench! And I'm glad you have a chair for your wife? :smile:

May I ask about your Worx Pegasus seen above?

Good value?

mb_580
Having an Impact

Thanks Noyade,

this is my first real project using Worx Pegasus. It works fine for me. Having said that you might need extra clamps to increase the performance and speed.

I’ve also watched a video on YouTube to find out the right way to use Workbench for all wood project.

hope this helps.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Thanks MB!

Just looked like an interesting bit of kit. I like the concept.

Cheers!

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @mb_580 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community!

Incredible job on your workbench and I must say it features the Christmas cabinet from your boys perfectly. 

I am so pleased to read you found inspiration from member @Baggs project and I agree with @MitchellMc, I am sure there will be many members inspired by yours.  

I would love to know what type of lighting you used and how you attached it? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mb_580
Having an Impact

Hi Katie,

glad to hear that, i will be more happier when i hear someone is saying that he was inspired by this project.

I’ve tried to use all the things that my wife was about to thought them away in this project as you can see the stools and the storage under neath. Lights are the same story, i had these lights for few years and was installed under my kitchen cabinet. We have to replace them with LED lights and they should be ended up in to the bin, but instead i keep them for this project. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

@mb_580,

I'm intrigued by the fluorescent light connections, but then I don't get around much. There's a 3-pin plug protruding from each frame? Specifically designed for cabinets?

Plug.PNG

MMF155
Growing in Experience

Re: Workbench with tool storage

Love it!!!  Great work will come from this work bench. Pressure on 😁

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects