Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Youtube tutorials

theskywaspink
Growing in Experience

Youtube tutorials

Just wondering if anyone has any youtube channels that are good for tutorials? It's been a long time since I've touched any woodwork at all, but I feel like I need a refresher over the basics, i.e your mortis and tenon and dovetail joints. 
Somewhere to start off and work my way up.

Thanks in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Youtube tutorials

Hi @theskywaspink  

The Bunnings Warehouse Youtube channel is my first choice for excellent step-by-step D.I.Y. tutorials, though I might be a little biased!

In regards to Youtube channels which delve into details on various timber jointing methods, I'll leave that up to the community as I'm sure they have plenty of favourites.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @theskywaspink,

I'm sure there will be plenty of members who would be happy to share their favourite sources of woodworking advice. 

Let me tag some of our keen woodworkers such as @Brad@woodalwaysworks, @r23on@She_Skills@LePallet@Yorky88@Jamespeter100  and @Poppop

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

As a suggestion have a look at this you may have a laugh as well

https://www.youtube.com/user/woodmasterclass/videos 

theskywaspink
Growing in Experience

My god,that's a lot of videos. I'm sure there's some stuff in there.

Looks like he also makes some pasta in the workshop too...

I like Dave Stanton some basic stuff and some advanced.

flowershow guy shows a now retired furniture and glass restorer as part of his stream not basic and they are from New Zealand.

Twitter is probably where I follow the most people who make some ******** amazing stuff that makes my fitting a dog door today look tame, we also have long standing jokes around certain people, I feel privileged to be able to interact with them.

theskywaspink
Growing in Experience

Dave looks like he has some good stuff, real basic. I'm after a refresher on the stuff I would have learnt 25 years ago back in high school.

And the Steve bloke with the Masterclass looks like he used to do stuff for Channel 31 but that closed and he's kept it running in his shed on youtube which is great to see. I'll look into these for a bit!

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Steve was on 31 for about 12 months don’t know why he was taken off. l do like how he has simplified a few things. As for the other person haven’t looked at his stuff as of yet.

There's a chap in the UK that has a great web site and demonstrates good use of hand tool. I’ll chase it up and put the link up.

Just found my bookmark a fellow woodworker put me onto Paul Sellers, he is good. Plenty of good tutorials. 

https://paulsellers.com 

theskywaspink
Growing in Experience

It looks like Channel 31 was taken off air at the end of 2016. It was a self-funded network. But looks like he's still going strong on youtube with a decent following and making a bit of coin with subscriptions. I imagine given he's running the show he can change the format to how he likes it. I've watched a live stream and an ep so far. I just need to not fall asleep on the couch while watching.

Paul Sellers videos look good too, I'll add them in the subscription.

Imakestuff
Finding My Feet

Some that have educated, entertained and inspired me:

DownUnderWoodworks

The wood whisperer

Steve Ramsey

Izzy Swan (He likes jigs. I like jigs.)

Stumpy Nubs (how cool is that name?)

For top level craftsmanship, look up "William Ng Woodworking"

I hope some of these can educate, entertain and inspire you. Happy woodworking!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects