Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any landscaping ideas for front yard?

jennih
Cultivating a Following

Any landscaping ideas for front yard?

I live at Bradbury (near Campbelltown (in Sydney. My front yard which is currently  just a grassed area slopes (not too extremely) from the street to the house).  It is a good size and I would like to plant some garden for privacy and obviously to improve my outdoor environment. Any ideas or inspiration appreciated.  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Front yard landscaping

Hello @jennih

Thank you for sharing your question about landscaping your front yard. In order for us to give you a comprehensive recommendation, would it be possible for you to post a few pictures of the area and its size? This will allow our members to assess its condition. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

There are quite a few options when landscaping your front yard. I suggest having a walk around your neighbourhood and looking at the gardens that are on display. Pick out the features that you really like and incorporate them into your own. Were you thinking of a bird bath perhaps? I recommend making a list of the things you would like to see in your front yard.   

Here is a handy link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular garden makeovers

If you need a hand posting the pictures, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Any landscaping ideas for front yard?

Hi @jennih,

In addition to sharing some photos with us, I would also recommend you check out How to plan a garden makeover. It contains loads of good advice for tackling a project like this. There is also a Part Two when you are ready -How to give your garden a makeover.

Hope that helps, we are looking forward to seeing how you can transform your space (with a little bit of help from the community).

Jason

jennih
Cultivating a Following

3ACFB59B-A1E2-428A-A1CB-C71CA114631D.jpeg

 middle side view showing driveway 

55658C8E-BE9D-4E5E-A6D9-BE9B9E376DAD.jpeg

 street (top) to house view 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @jennih

Thank you for posting those photos of your front yard. I'm currently putting together a possible layout for your garden. As soon as I finish, I will post the proposals here.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @jennih 

Thank you very much for your patience. I've posted some sketches below of how you can landscape your front yard. Please have a look and tell me what you think. Please note that the plants I've put in are for reference only, I suggest getting plants that are native to your area and climate.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

jennih garden1.jpgjennih garden2.jpgjennih garden3.jpgjennih garden4.jpgjennih garden5.jpg

jennih
Cultivating a Following

Hey Eric

Your plan is awesome

Thank you 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects