Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Evergreen skinny fence line plant

Highlighted
Budding Contributor

Evergreen skinny fence line plant

Hi

I am trying to choose an evergreen tree that is narrow and not extremely high for a small garden area.  I have spotted a tree in my neighbourhood but have no idea what it is called but it would be ideal.  They have been planted in a row of three and it is evergreen.  They are approximately 40 - 60cm wide with lots of leaves formed on small branches and approximately 4 - 5 meters high, green leaves and a few marone leaves through it. Would anyone be able to help or advise a type of leafy tree that would come close.

Thanks

Jen 

Highlighted
Budding Contributor

Hi, Would anyone know what these narrow evergreen trees are called that I asked about earlier. Jen

DSC_0322[1].JPG
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Hi, Would anyone know what these narrow evergreen trees are called that I asked about earlier. J

Not 100% sure but some kind of fig tree, by the leaves...apparently there is a new app. Out now that you can point, shoot & it will come up with the name Its found thru iTunes... I've been told! So, good luck
Highlighted
Experienced Contributor

Re: Hi, Would anyone know what these narrow evergreen trees are called that I asked about earlier. J

Would a fig grow that tall and skinny @cmoorehardy?

Highlighted
Experienced Contributor

That is a type of pittosporum. Cant tell the exact variety without a close up, sorry.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Are you able to get a closer image of the leaves @Jen?

Highlighted
Budding Contributor

Thanks for your help

Highlighted
Budding Contributor

I'll try!

Highlighted
Budding Contributor

Can anyone identify this narrow evergreen tree I want to put in my garden by the following pictures?

DSC_0329[1].JPGDSC_0327[1].JPGDSC_0324[1].JPG

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can anyone identify this narrow evergreen tree I want to put in my garden by the following pictu

Hi @Jen,

Thanks for uploading the photos. I have merged your latest post with the existing discussion so that others can more easily follow the conversation. 

I hope community members like @CathD and @QuailFlock will now be able to assist you with identifying the tree.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects