Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to block possum entry to the back yard?

Avishai
Finding My Feet

How to block possum entry to the back yard?

Is it possible to block possum entry to the back yard?

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: how to block possum entry to the back yard?

Good Afternoon @Avishai 

Welcome to The Bunnings Community page :smile: Mmmmm stopping possums may be a little hard. Do you have a photo of your yard so we could come up with some suggestions? I dont know of any sprays or fake owls type deal. 

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to block possum entry to the back yard?

Hello @Avishai 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about stopping possums from entering your backyard.

There are a few items you can try to deter possums from entering your backyard. I suggest looking at Yates 1L Ready To Use Possum Repellent Spray and using it on the top of your fence so that they will not use it as a bridge. Next, is the Sureguard Scarecrow Motion Activated Ultrasonic Animal Repellent. This uses sound and light to confuse and frighten animals away. 

My favourite of the lot is the Sureguard Scarecrow Motion Activated Water Spray Animal Repellent. This uses a spray of water to deter any animals from entering your backyard. It has a motion sensor attached to it and can operate at night. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know,

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to block possum entry to the back yard?

Hi @Avishai,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get plenty of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members. 

As this is a common problem, we have put together a collection of best advice from our members on this topic. I would recommend you have a look at this article: How do you keep possums away?

Let us know how you go. I'm sure the community will be keen to hear what techniques are effective.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects