Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix up this garden area?

andrea2
Just Starting Out

How to fix up this garden area?

8F205BC6-EAA8-4D81-AE7E-5C14A7A96199.jpeg

I would like to take out the logs and put limestone blocks to hold the sand in place and would like suggestions as to what plants can be put in the area

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix up this garden area?

Hello @andrea2

Thank you for sharing your question about how to fix up your garden. I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to give your garden a makeover by @Adam_W. The guide should give you a very good idea of things you'll need to consider if you're planning to give that area a makeover. 

Like any renovation, I believe it's important to plan it out on paper first. In this manner, you won't be second-guessing yourself about what you wanted to put in a certain spot. Your location is also critical as the plants you'll be putting in should reflect how much maintenance time you want to spend on them. Any area big or small can have an uplifting effect on the property if designed effectively. 

Can please tell us your general location? We can then make recommendations on the type of plants you can use in your area.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular garden makeovers

Let me tag our experienced members @Adam_W @Noyade and @diy_hausdesigns for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix up this garden area?

Hi @andrea2,

Great to see Eric has provided some ideas for getting starting on your garden project. 

Could you also please share with us a wider shot of the entire garden so we can see a little bit more context of the area that you want to improve?

It also might help us to see whether you need small retaining walls or the area can be level. 

It would also be great to understand whether this is your front or back yard and how you would like to use the space or what plants you love the look of. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects