Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat tomato leaves turning yellow?

balaji27
Having an Impact

How to treat tomato leaves turning yellow?

Hello Team,

I noticed that a few of my tomato plant leaves turned yellow as seen in the pics. Is that something to worry? Am I overdoing anything? Please advise the necessary steps that I should take immediately.

Best regards

Balaji.

20231207_115911.jpg20231207_115933.jpg20231207_115907.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to treat tomato leaves turning yellow?

Hello @balaji27

Thanks for providing those photos of your tomato leaves. Gives our experts @Noelle@mich1972 and @EricL a better idea of what may be going wrong and aid them in diagnosing any issues.

Also in case you haven't, I recommend reading the guide How to grow tomatoes from seed to harvest by horticulturalist @Adam_W. It includes an excellent video which you might find handy as you grow your tomato plants.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @balaji27,

Your tomato plants are looking relatively healthy. Nice work!  Yellowing of older leaves can be a sign of nutrient deficiency but yours look very good. Compare them to the leaves shown in this discussion: What's wrong with my tomato plants? That discussion also contains plenty of expert advice from Workshop members. 

The step-by-step guide How to grow tomatoes from seed to harvest should also be helpful for your tomato growing adventure.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

@balaji27  Looks like a nutrient deficiency. They need a well balanced fertiliser, like a tomato / vegetable fertiliser. 😃
@Akanksha  and @Jason  have added some great information that you can read through. 

Thanks Jason. I have read through the other thread, very helpful.

As mentioned over there, I reckon the ones turned yellow in my plant are older leaves as my plant grown taller now and most of them are at the bottom closer to the soil that are yellow.

I will ensure to add required nutrients.

Best regards

Balaji.

Thanks mich1972. Would you please advise the correct fertiliser for the tomato plant? I will ensure to add the fertiliser regularly.

Best regards

Balaji.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects