Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Suggestions for accessories for garden greenhouse?

LisasGarden
Making a Splash

Suggestions for accessories for garden greenhouse?

It’s been a hot and dry month in the Yarra Valley. Mainly watering and maintaining at #LisasGarden  planning for next season and picking lots of tomatoes!  

I have ordered a 2.4m x 3.6m Maze greenhouse and can’t wait for hubby and I to set up the area next to the food garden.  Any suggestions for accessories , benches etc? ( I’m all about the look as much as functionality lol) 

I picked up some great pot hangers for some old pots for in the food area and the strawberries are loving it!  Also added a few solar flower lights 

0BEF0B26-2134-4356-9D06-8867256C84C0.jpeg

BA2DDBB3-4E70-448C-A1C2-1750D012A9A4.jpeg

BAFF8FD2-C0B7-46A1-BC03-0BBD208C01A0.jpeg

Two new chairs from Bunnings and a 25 plus year old coffee table makes a cute area  to sit out of the heat. 

17B24AA2-CC36-462B-B9D9-14B77C6CE1FA.jpeg

B52C6E38-D872-4C6F-BB07-4AC007DAD347.jpeg

Happy gardening 

Lisa @lisaandlisa Instagram 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden accessories

Hello @LisasGarden

Your hanging pots look wonderful. Your tomato harvest looks fantastic. One of the best additions I can recommend for your greenhouse is purchasing the Maze Greenhouse Gutter Connector Kit. You can link this into the Maze 190L water tank. Rainwater is the best kind of water you can use on your plants. It's free of chemical additives and is all-natural. 

If you're planning on maximizing the use of your greenhouse, I suggest reading this guide - How to build a vertical garden by @MitchellMc. You can modify the size of the vertical plant holders to be bigger or you can double up back to back. You'll be able to use every bit of space that's available inside your greenhouse.

Another possible addition you can place next to the greenhouse is a potting table. Have a look at this featured project - Potting table by @Catldoo. Or perhaps this type of ornamental display - Animal planter boxes by @Jamespeter100

My last and best suggestion of course is to have a Firepit entertaining area with seating and planter boxes by @raymond265. You can modify the layout so that it fits in with your greenhouse. This way you can enjoy looking at your plants while having a glass of ice tea.

Thank you so much for sharing this garden update, we look forward to seeing your greenhouse built and full of beautiful plants.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Garden accessories

Wow thanks for all the great suggestions Eric. This is the area that it will be in front of. 

BE7DD4B8-B995-4772-AA1B-81923DEEB9F3.jpeg

1A6EB96C-DA64-44C0-B63B-F7C7A602F6DE.jpeg

9296E3F6-9D1E-49BD-BEF3-4DC9CFA630F6.jpeg

C27120AE-0CC9-4D44-A3A4-E7D6850ADDD4.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects