Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the most economical way to buy mulch?

SteveC
Building a Reputation

What is the most economical way to buy mulch?

Hi,

What is the most economical way to buy mulch? I am thinking of euci mulch, but buying it in bags from Bunnings seems expensive.

Regards,

Steve

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mulch

Hello @SteveC 

Thanks for sharing your question regarding ordering mulch. Allow us to make some queries for you regarding ordering large quantities of Eucy mulch. As soon as we have more information regarding the mulch, we'll get back to you.  

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the most economical way to buy mulch?

Hi @SteveC,

You'll be pleased to know we can organise a Special Order of ANL 1m³ NSW Eucy Mulch delivered straight to your home as you are in a selected Metro area. It's significantly cheaper to order mulch in bulk quantities than per bag. Just see a helpful team member at your local Bunnings store's Special Orders desk to place your order.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

G'day Mitch. @MitchellMc 

"You'll be pleased to know we can organise a Special Order of ANL 1m³ NSW Eucy Mulch delivered straight to your home."

Is this available in regional NSW? Cost of a cubic metre delivered?

Cheers.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I do apologise @Noyade, but our supplier has a limited area of delivery, and this offer is only available in selected metro areas. It would still be worth discussing options with our helpful Special Orders team next time you're at your local store, as I trust they'll try their best to find a solution for you.

Mitchell

SteveC
Building a Reputation

Thanks,

I might as well buy it direct from ANl.

Now to figure out qty. My garden used to take 7-9 bags of sugar cane mulch, although I can't recall what size bag, probably around 18sq m.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @SteveC 

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How much coverage for 1m3 of mulch? by @macca1966. In the discussion, it was mentioned that one cubic meter at a thickness of 40mm will cover 25 square meters. Since you only have 18 square meters to cover one cubic meter will be more than sufficient to cover your area.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

SteveC
Building a Reputation

Hi Eric,

I think you misread my post. 

I normally use 7-9 bags of 18sq m sugar cane mulch.

Regards,

Steve

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @SteveC 

My apologies, if one bag covers 18 square meters and we were to use the maximum number of bags which is 9, you would need to cover 162 square meters. Since once cubic meter covers approximately 25 square meters at a thickness of 40mm you would approximately need 6.5 cubic meters. 

My best advice is to double check the size of the bag and its coverage before you place your order.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

SteveC
Building a Reputation

Hi Eric,

I am going to try and measure the area a bit more accurately. some areas are heavily coverd in plants so won't need much mulch.

Regards,

Steve

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects