Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where do you get your seeds?

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Where do you get your seeds?

Hi all,

There seems to be an abundant amount of places to purchase seeds of various types, but do you have a favourite?

Our favourite is called 'Diggers' and they have a fantastic range of heirloom varieties that puts our local shops product to shame.  We also buy occasionally from our local community buy and sell facebook page, and of course Bunnings.

So, what's your favourite and why?

bluebec
Building a Reputation

Re: Where do you get your seeds?

Hi Daryl,

I buy most of my seeds from diggers, but I also have branched out to Green Harvest (QLD Company) https://greenharvest.com.au/index.htm
and Goodman Seeds in Bairnsdale http://www.goodmanseeds.com.au/

Diggers is great, but they don't always have the variety I'm looking for, and when I need it. So I tend to branch out a bit sometimes when I'm looking for something special (usually varieties of chilli).
aly
Making a Splash

I tend to go to my local Bunnings for seedlings. They always have a good range and of course are affordable.
Bobbiejohnultz
Building a Reputation

I am currently germinating my own seedlings from the seeds sold at Bunnings. They are packaged in Au.from seed stocks in The U K.from imformation on packaging.
I germinate the seeds in used egg cartons with seed germinating mix.
The very fine seeds like pansies, carnitans and other's have to be picked up with a slightly most finger and dislodged with the point of a pencil, eg.5 in a 2 cm depth x 5 long approx seed bed.
Covered and kept moist in each egg deposit.
More pictures next week and further advice as to what I do.

Hi @Bobbiejohnultz,

I see you made a blank post. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site. I'm always happy to help.

And how did you go with those seedlings? 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

20160604_164907.jpg

The seeds as can be seen germinating in the disused egg cartons. Makes a good planting place for the seeds and eazy to transplant.

Great job @Bobbiejohnultz, many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects