Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to arrange my dishwasher and washing machine?

Lucianacarvalho
Getting Established

How to arrange my dishwasher and washing machine?

Hi - we just moved to a new house where there is no obvious position for dishwasher and washing machine. From the photo, we have a few options
Dishwasher: 1) Half size under the sink or 2) Normal size next to the sink where those boxes are
Washing Machine 1) Next to the sink where the boxes are; 2) Bottom cabinet area on the far right
Please ignore the current position of the washing machine, we'll buy a new one and this is where the fridge will go :smile:

PANO_20200419_171127.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to arrange my dishwasher and washing machine

Hi @Lucianacarvalho,

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us at this exciting time. Congratulations on the new house.

Could you please share a sketch of your kitchen and laundry area, including dimensions? That will give members a much better idea of what you are working with and be able to suggest options for you. If you have the houseplan from the house sale, that would be perfect - just add rough dimensions on it. 

Do you have any budget or interest in changing cabinetry?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Jason,

Thanks for the message. You can find a rough sketch below.

I've just realised that the single dishwasher might be too tight under the sink due to the current position of the pipes, but any extra thoughts here?

IMG_20200421_084637.jpg

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to arrange my dishwasher and washing machine?

That's a very small kitchen @Lucianacarvalho. You could contemplate a benchtop dishwasher but it seems you already don't have any bench space.

Could the washing machine go in the bathroom? Any options for an outside laundry?

Thanks for the sketch @Lucianacarvalho.

Let me tag the ever-resourceful @redracer01 to see if he might have some thoughts for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to arrange my dishwasher and washing machine?

Hi @Kermit - we have quite a lot of bench space on the left side of the sink - this photo below is from the previous owners and gives a better view in perspective on how it all looks :smile: You can see from the photo they actually had the washing machine next to the sink, but no dishwasher installed anywhere 

image3.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects