Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Kaboodle corner cabinet in kitchen with uneven flooring?

angelic89
Just Starting Out

How to install Kaboodle corner cabinet in kitchen with uneven flooring?

I have just installed our kaboodle corner pantry with ends and door in our kitchen. Unfortunately, the floors in our home is un-level and as the corner pantry does not have the legs as the other cabinets, I was wondering if the weight of the corner unit could be supported by many cabinet legs or if I should  just go ahead and level the unit out with shims? The door scrapes the flooring now matter how I move the hinge adjustments.

35ba4a86-4a0e-481c-a137-3a1bfad630c4.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install Kaboodle corner cabinet in kitchen with uneven flooring?

Hello @angelic89

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Kaboodle corner pantry. 

I'm sorry but cabinet legs can't be installed onto the corner pantry. I suggest putting in shims to adjust the level of the cabinetry. My best advice is to install as many shims at the bottom of the cabinet to distribute the weight of the pantry.

Are you in the middle of a kitchen renovation? It would be wonderful if you could share some updates about your project. I'm sure our members would be keen to see what your kitchen looks like once you've finished. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to install Kaboodle corner cabinet in kitchen with uneven flooring?

Evening @angelic89 

I know this is an awful suggestion in advance - but I have a similar problem with my 75 year old flooring. For a hallway cupboard I had to cut the bottom of the door at an angle to allow it to open.

If you can't adjust it with packing as per Eric's thoughts and yours - would it be worth considering?

Capture.PNG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects