Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renew my kitchen?

vica
Having an Impact

How to renew my kitchen?

Hi

I now want to repaint my bench top and cabinet doors in the kitchenwant them look new and bright.

E12F4232-DCBD-4681-A11C-5F16F7BCA185.jpeg

12D23253-E51E-42D9-8C62-876B5EDAEA4B.jpeg

108BB473-73AE-425B-B3C3-67CD76DC7114.jpeg

193BFA1D-313E-4A2D-8CFE-1A4A1933E82E.jpeg

I notice the topics of renew kitchen for a long time . The images are what difficulties I face. I don’t know how to solve these problem. And I am not sure which paint I need . I am prefer to White Knight .Its picture looks nice.Wish more guidance!

Vica

A304B9AB-EA18-4FCB-8D0A-2F7C4F33BED2.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to renew my kitchen?

Hi @vica,

Your cabinetry looks like a great candidate for a paint refresh. I will caution against painting the benchtop if it is a stone or stone substitute. Personally, I feel that a stone benchtop would hold a higher value than a painted one if you were looking to sell the property. Perhaps you could paint your cabinetry first and then decide on whether you wished to paint the benchtop. There is no stone or stone substitute paint for benchtops that I am aware of as our paints are for laminate surfaces. 

There appears to be a few little nicks and chips in the laminate doors. You can fill the damage with Selleys Blister Bar 50g Plastic Wood and then sand it back to a smooth finish. This will ensure your results look fantastic.

Either White Knight tile and laminate paint or the Dulux Renovation range would be perfect for the job as they are both premium brands. It would be worth exploring what colour options are available with our in-store paint experts. I'd suggest going with the brand that has your favourite colours. You should consider at the same time whether changing the handles could also be worth doing. Please have a look at what @diy_hausdesigns achieved with their Cosmetic kitchen reno. It's amazing the difference that some paint and new handles made.

You might like to check out these previous discussions on the topic:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how to renew my kitchen?

@MitchellMc  Thank you so much !  Your guidance help me a lot! 
Vica

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects