Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace this kitchen bench?

DonnaC
Just Starting Out

How to replace this kitchen bench?

Hi!

We've just bought a house and I want to replace the kitchen.

Eventually I'd like the bottom cupboards replaced with drawers and the top cupboard doors replaced but to start with I need that kitchen bench gone and replaced.

Hubby and I have no idea about renos, or where to start.

I'd like a concrete look stone or dark stone, no marbleing.

HELP!

Where do we start?

Kitchen.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace this kitchen bench?

Hello @DonnaC

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about renovating your kitchen.

I understand that it can be a bit daunting and bewildering when renovating your kitchen due to the number of choices that you need to make. In order to give you an idea of what's up ahead, I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to plan a kitchen renovation by @Adam_W. This guide will give you the basics of where you need to start and what steps to take.

I'm aware that you're keen to replace your benchtop, but in the process of a kitchen renovation, the benchtop is often installed after all the cabinetry has been installed. Would it be possible for you to post a few more photos of your kitchen including its wall measurements? This will allow our members to assess the kitchen area. We can then offer recommendations on how best to proceed. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular kitchen projects 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to replace this kitchen bench?

Hi @DonnaC,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of inspiration and advice from our wonderful community members. 

You might like to consider transforming the look of your kitchen benchtop with paint. The Bunnings team has shared a helpful guide How to paint a kitchen benchtop. There are some great examples from Workshop community members that you can get inspiration from in the article 10 kitchens transformed with paint.

We look forward to seeing how you can transform your kitchen. We're here to help along the way.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects