Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to secure stainless steel bench to Colorbond wall?

Sunda
Cultivating a Following

How to secure stainless steel bench to Colorbond wall?

Hi everyone,

We are planning to have an outdoor cooking area for the shed we are building. The wall is cladded with Colorbond sheets.

We have been advised by the plumber that we need to secure the stainless steel benches in order for them to install the plumbing system.

Like to know if anyone has this experience and what are the options available for us?

Thank you in advance.

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Secure stainless steel bench to Colorbond wall

Hi @Sunda 

If you are using colour bond sheeting you must be screwing the  sheets to some sort of  framework?

Look at your  frame work and add some timber between the color bond frame work at the height of your Stainless steel benches (that you can add brackets too easily) 

If you have a concrete floor the other option maybe to fix to the floor. Maybe take a  picture of the steel  benches especially sides and rear and or inside under the  benches to look for mounting options  and the inside of the color bond where you want to install it.

Sunda
Cultivating a Following

Thank you for your advise.

I really appreciate it:

I have a pic which shows the legs of the bench against the wall and concrete floor.

What sort of hardware do you think we should use to secrete the kitchen bench?

502B74D1-478C-4428-89A4-3BEF7A8456B9.jpeg

The  correct solution really  is what is the plumbers expecting? What  will they call job done did they say any thing?

1)Well one possible thing is to attach legs to the floor think like a round curtain rod holder that can screw into floor  with screws .  i would re reluctant to do this but drill 10mm holes in floor so leg point drop into them.  This will stop  bench moving but not tipping.

2)Those 2  rows of screws in the colurbond looks like the  frame underneath.

You could undo a couple of screws and use a metal strap around  bench legs and use longer screws into the existing holes to pull bench to the wall.

3) Probably best solution use  L  (right angle brackets)  attached under the table  and to metal wall panel with  no frame behind it.  (But that will  mean hole through table top and this may not suit you.

Well thats for starters see  if that inspires you to more   ideas

Hello @Sunda

Thank you for sharing your question about your securing your stainless steel bench. It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue. Just to add to the suggestions already made. I recommend mounting Porta 40 x 18mm 2.4m Moulding H3 Treated Pine DAR on the corrugated wall. I suggest using Buildex 10-16 x 75mm Zinc Plated Countersunk Ribbed Head Wing Tek Screws

To fix the bench to the timber I suggest using Kinetic 32mm Galvanised BSP Pipe Saddle Clips - 10 Pack. I suggest testing a few sizes to make sure you get a snug and secure fit. You can use the same screws to mount the saddle to the timber. Please remember to drill into the outer frame of the wall and nowhere else. I've placed a sample sketch to give you an idea of how to secure it to the wall. Please make sure that your plumber approves and if they require more fittings, please let us know.

Let me call on our experienced members @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Sunda,

Excellent suggestion by @EricL .     I am wondering what the plumbing is about, as regards the bench...   will there be a sink or something on that bench?

@EricL

Your guys  have some nice drawing software :smile:

@Jewelleryrescue yes @EricL can draw. @Sunda I agree with Eric, you could use aluminum square tube with end caps, instead of timber (no painting required), available from Bunnings

JoeAzza_0-1671002404612.png

Sunda
Cultivating a Following

Hi TedBear,

It is a stainless steel sink bench, hence we need to use the plumber. 

Sunda
Cultivating a Following

That looks like a good idea.

Will have a chat with the contractor on this.

Thank you.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects