Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen reno layout ideas - Kaboodle kitchen

clancy504
Growing in Experience

Kitchen reno layout ideas - Kaboodle kitchen

Hi, I’ve been reading lots of posts on here and everyone seems to be so helpful so thought I’d ask.  I’m after any help / feedback anyone wants to give please - I’m not very good at visualising things or making decisions 😀  

I’m looking at getting a Kaboodle kitchen and had them out for a consult- I like what they did, but am overthinking it all now as I have to make a final decision before ordering it. I’ve sort of decided on white gloss doors and a “Cinnamon” stone bench top. 
The space isn’t very big (3645 x 2685) and there’s not a whole lot of changes that can be made to the layout. I’ll attach a couple of pics so you can see what the existing kitchen is. 

The design they came up with is oven tower next to fridge, then a blind pantry next to it. Cooktop will move slightly to left so it’s centred on the bench. The little corner bench at the left hand end will go and bench will be a straight line with a couple of drawer units in instead of base cupboards. 

I’m undecided about the oven tower - the microwave part is at the top - I think it would sit about 153-183 cm high and I’m only 163cm tall and not sure if it might be hard to use. Has anyone used one that high?  But if I don’t use one I don’t know where I’d put the microwave (and I use it a lot) and I’d have to rethink everything. 

Also they suggested a range hood cabinet similar to what’s there already - Is there any reason they are higher than the other cabinets ? I think it would look better if the bottom of the range hood lined up with the bottom of the other cabinets but not sure if that’s possible. 
Sorry this is so long - thanks if you’ve read this far - & any feedback will be much appreciated. 

07CCF581-8E56-401A-B1EF-B84DA861B1D6.jpeg0BC4E7AD-1D85-4F00-A5D3-E0E09B8A6766.jpeg

usha
Just Starting Out

Re: Kitchen reno layout ideas - Kaboodle kitchen

Hi

i am keen to see how the finished kitchen looks. My current kitchen looks very similar to your old kitchen and I have an appt with Kaboodle consultant today.

look forward to hearing Re your progress on the project.

Welcome to the Workshop community @usha.

It's great to have you join the community! What an exciting time planning your new kitchen! I trust you'll find loads of inspirational kitchen projects here which our talented members have contributed.

Let my mention @clancy504 to see if they would like to give us an update on their kitchen renovation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
clancy504
Growing in Experience

5F0E7B39-DBD0-484A-864E-D68A793CC982.jpegEC747040-73CF-4729-AABD-897EF48E6E30.jpegOk my kitchen is almost done -all I have to do is decide on a splash back and that’s where I’m stuck. Can’t decide between glass (simple and a bit boring but I like it) or jazz it up a bit with some tiles.  Any ideas welcome

Hello @clancy504 

Your kitchen looks so good! If I may suggest just a little jazz for the splash back. Below is a tile suggestion I made for one of our members, see if you like it.

Cheers!

Red

AtilesuggestFHBNewZealand20.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

clancy504
Growing in Experience

Thanks - you were a big help doing those drawings for me and answering my questions when I was trying to work out what to do 😀 I do like those tiles - but I might get sick of them In the kitchen - I do like fairly plain design. I was actually looking at doing something like that in my bathroom. Will have to try and decide something soon, otherwise I’ll just get used to the kitchen the way it is and nothing will ever happen!

Great to see what you've done @clancy504. Your kitchen is looking fantastic. Many thanks for sharing some photos. 

Let me tag a couple of experienced renovators in @Mathy and @2Belindas who might like to share their thoughts on your splashback. 

Jason

hi there, 

congrats on your new kitchen, it looks amazing.  My kitchen layout is almost identical, I'm also in a villa and looking at updating my kitchen.  This might be too much of a personal question, but would be willing to share how much the Kaboodle kitchen ended up costing you?  Did you have the floor redone also?  I love the colours chosen.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dee1974. It's fantastic to have you join us and it's great to hear about the plans to update your kitchen.

Let me mention @clancy504 so they are alerted to your kind feedback and question. We'd encourage you to let us know if you need any advice on your renovation or would like to share your ideas with the community. There are many amazing and skilled members who would be more than happy to assist you in your project as well.

Mitchell

Oh thank you Mitchell. I’ve very new to these forums. Appreciate the assistance and the welcome.  

I’m dreaming and planning to renovate my kitchen. Just finding it all rather overwhelming at the moment. I’ll take some photos and post these along with some measurements. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Dee1974,

The only part that is more exciting than dreaming and planning stage is the completion, so enjoy the process. We are here to help every step of the way and if there is any overwhelming you please feel free to start a discussion so we can talk about it. Some photos, measurements, what you would like to achieve and an approximate budget will all be useful in us providing some great assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects