Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Lower to mid-range priced oven suggestions

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Lower to mid-range priced oven suggestions

Hi Team Workshop,

My cheapie Bellini 60cm wide built in oven borked itself last night - lots of sparks and noise, it looks like the centre element at the back (where the fan is) has cooked itself.

I’m not sure I want to repair it, because it’s only been in use for 3 years, and if this is an example of component longevity, then it’s not worth buying the same thing again.

I’m a proficient cook who can make the oven do what I want to do, I don’t multi-function everything. It has to be 60cm wide, because that’s the cupboard it’s going in, and I don’t need wider because I cook for me, and three others max. And I prefer manual knob controls, not touch.

Anyone got some brands they’d like to throw in the mix for the replacement? I’m currently looking at Chef, Westinghouse and Omega. I know Bunnos sells Blanco, but they’ve got some horrible reviews.

Have at it. All opinions and thoughts welcome, cheers Deb

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Lower to Mid Range Priced Oven Suggestions

As far as brands go "Electrolux is Australasia's leading household appliances company and markets its products under the Westinghouse, Electrolux, AEG, Simpson, Chef and Dishlex brands." Could add in Adelect that I found out tonight was made by Simpsons.

Not a good sample size having used 3 of the above in freestanding electric. They seem to last though.
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Love my smeg oven. Had it about 15 years now. Recently replaced the back element but otherwise no issues.

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Thanks for your replies :smile:

@Brad - that’s a very useful list of Electrolux brands there, thank you.

@Isobel - Smeg are great, but definitely out of my budget, thank you.

cheers Deb :smile:

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Just had a look and found a no bells and whistels retro oven...Old is new againOld is new again

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects