Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pull out storage to utilise space next to fridge

DIYology
Having an Impact

Pull out storage to utilise space next to fridge

4305AD15-5669-45E5-80A3-53A379BBA6D3.jpeg

160CE073-4B17-4FE8-BC6A-CA3B0F9A7CE5.jpeg

Pull out options for small cabinets that are otherwise unusable gave me the idea to utilise the space next to my fridge in this way. 

Its really handy and tucks away nicely and seamlessly when not in use. 

Made it with some pine, dowel, some screws, runners, paint and a spare handle. 

Community manager's note: As this project has been incredibly popular with members, @MitchellMc has created a step-by-step guide with a full list of tools and materials so you can easily build your own. Check it out here - How to build a slimline spice rack.

** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **
sharmila
Growing in Experience

Re: Pull out storage to utilise space next to fridge

I love the slimline spice rack.  Great to see all the spices, etc clearly, Hopefully someone maybe able to build one for me as my spices too are in a jumble. Its stressful having to continually fish out for specific spices as I use many condiments in my cooking. Great space saver idea for a small kitchen

from 

sharmila

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Would you consider building one yourself @sharmila? Let me know if you'd like to and I can assist you whilst following this step-by-step guide: How to build a slimline spice rack. It's a reasonably straightforward project which can be achieved with basic tools.

Reach out if you'd like assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sharmila
Growing in Experience

I would like to give it a try but I haven't used these types of tools before, except maybe a screw driver,  Would you know what the cost of the materials come too. Thanks, Furthermore is it something a beginner could try? Thanks from Sharmila

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@sharmila,

With paint and everything included, around $200. A beginner could certainly try it, and it will certainly be easier with our help. Please have a read of my instructions and think about it. It doesn't need to be as large as the one here; perhaps you could start with a smaller benchtop version? 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects