Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Rendering our brick wall kitchen

Jebin
Just Starting Out

Rendering our brick wall kitchen

We have recently bought a 20-year-old property with some brick wall internals. We are considering to render the internal walls for aesthetic appeal.

• What kind of product should be used for Kitchen rendering?
  • How much would it cost to get someone to do it, approximately 20sq.m20200108_074012.jpg?

20200108_074038.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rendering our brick wall kitchen

Welcome to the Workshop community @Jebin. It's great to have you join us. Congrats on the new house!

I'm sure our helpful members will be happy to assist.  

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@Jebin 

Have you considered just painting the bricks?

Here's a couple of examples:

ae5f97429c7d738dd4881eacda43b380.jpg   antiqued-brick-wall-the-art-of-doing-stuff.jpg

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Kermit I was thinking a similar thing, sometimes turning an eyesore into a feature can end in great results.

A certain amount of styling the surrounds would need to be done, but I love that Industrially look of the bottom photo. Great suggestion!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hey @Jebin - @Kermit has a good idea there. One issue with rendering you might want to think about, is that you won’t get a smooth surface. In a kitchen, this could make cleaning very difficult, because no matter how good your steam extraction is, you will still get a bit of oily steam on the walls. @Kermit idea of painting, would give you a smoothing surface, and as @MitchellM pointed out, it looks quite good, cheers Deb

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects