Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Repair kitchen drawer

Sammy2
Just Starting Out

Repair kitchen drawer

Hi - I have some old crappy draws in the kitchen and the face pulled off one the other day.  The face of the draw is fine but the interior is cheap plastic.  I can fix it with some right angle brackets x 4 but I am wondering if there is a kit drawer or something that I can replace the entire draw with and screw the old face onto? 

Thanks in advance.

IMG-5471.JPGIMG-5472.JPGIMG-5473.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Repair kitchen drawer

Hello Sammy,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about repairing your kitchen drawer.

Looking at the photo you posted, it seems that it is a full plastic assembly. I would recommend removing the plastic drawer front clips, but it seems to be very brittle and further stress might crack it further. I suggest gluing the drawer front back onto the assembly using Selleys Liquid Nails 80g Clear Construction Adhesive. I recommend using a Grunt 25mm x 2m Pull Tie Down Strap or similar to keep the drawer front in place until the glue cures. Once the glue is dry you can take the strap off and test the drawer.

If you wish to use angle brackets, I suggest the Carinya 38 x 38 x 20 x 2mm Zinc Plated Angle Bracket - 4 Pack. However, I would drill pilot holes on the side of the drawer to prevent it from cracking the plastic. I recommend considering the Kia Ora 120 x 400 x 450mm Vinyl Wrap Drawer as a possible drawer replacement. Please make sure to bring the old drawer to compare size and length to make sure it fits. 

Let me tag our experienced member @TedBear for his recommendations.

If you need further assistance with this repair project, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Repair kitchen drawer

Thanks for the tag, but I can't think of any other options for tackling this problem other than the excellent options @EricL has addressed offered.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects