Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Book case / tv cabinet finished

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Book case / tv cabinet finished

Hello Friends,

Just wanted to show you guys final outcome of my book case / tv cabinet. Took about 3 weeks in total. Very happy with final outcome.

Cheers,

Red

IMG20201216190424.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Book case / tv cabinet finished

Looks fantastic! 👍

How tall? And how did you make the 'thick' sections?

Hello @Noyade 

It is 1.6 meters tall 800mm wide 300 deep. The thick sections are just 40 x 19 pine lengths attached to the front to make it look thick 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

That looks amazing, @redracer01. Well done!

Is there anything you would have done differently or any elements that have worked out really well?

I trust your project will provide some great inspiration to other members.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @MitchellMc 

Possibly put in some book case lights, but the missus said that the room was bright enough to see the displays.

Cheers,

Red

@redracer01,

Seeing the models differs from being able to examine all their glorious details under LED lights. That's perhaps just my opinion, though. A retrofit of some strip lighting would go unnoticed and could be engaged only when an epic gaming session is about to commence.

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic job @redracer01, it looks wonderful. So much space to display all your treasures!

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

woodenwookie
Making a Splash

That is mint. I'd love to do something similar but my wife doesn't want any cabinets. I have to listen to her because... well, I'm still trying to work that one out.

I will borrow some ideas though because they could help with the wall mounted shelf for under the wall mounted TV. This is so we can have the AppleTV, and DVD player out of the way.

james73
Growing in Experience

Look great Mate why did you make it out of ply or pine or MDF?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @james73,

Let me mention @redracer01, so he is alerted to your question about his project.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects