Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i get water marks off painted walls?

lilys
Just Starting Out

How do i get water marks off painted walls?

How do I water marks off painted walls or dish washing marks or or purpose spray off my painted wall.

161108504198018710803.jpg

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How do i get water marks off painted walls?

Sugar Soap? I see it also comes in wipes now.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Bunnings Workshop @lilys. Great to see you've already received a very helpful suggestion from @Brad in Sugar Soap. Please let us know how you go with it. I'm sure @MitchellMc and @Peggers will be happy to suggest alternatives if it doesn't do the trick.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We're here to help.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Peggers
Becoming a Leader

@Jason @lilys must admit Sugar Soap would have been my solution too - as @Brad suggests. There are some more specific cleaning products available in the section at Bunnings, but Sugar Soap is great stuff.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @lilys,

It's hard to tell from the image, but are we looking at a product's residue on the paint or did you scrub the area down with a scourer to remove a mark? I'm just wondering whether you've scrubbed the paint and what you are seeing is a resulting change to the sheen level. I'd try the sugar-soap that our helpful members have suggested and if the results are not what you were after, perhaps you might need to repaint the area.

Please let us know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects