Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach timber legs to table?

upskill
Just Starting Out

How to attach timber legs to table?

726B3754-8467-4A44-889C-6BA0680EAAD0.jpeg

A bit confused n need help to screw timber legs onto round table top . thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to screw the timber legs

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @upskill. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting furniture legs.

Those Adoored furniture legs require leg plates which get screwed onto the bottom of the tabletop. Once the leg plates are positioned correctly, the legs screw straight into them. The leg plate ensures that the leg is mounted securely to the top.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell.

What's your geometrical method of placing the leg plates perfectly equidistant to each on the round table top?

I've messed it up many times.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Noyade,

I'd use the very scientific and highly accurate method of crouching down next to the tabletop, forming an L-shape with my index finger and thumb, peering past it with one eye closed, and positioning the legs before stating out loud "That'll do".

In all seriousness, though, it's incredible what you can do with a nail and a piece of looped string. You can get a very accurate segmentation of a circle that way. Thirds are easy, pick a point on the circle's perimeter and measure your string to equal its radius. Jump around the perimeter marking points. You'll get six segments, then pick those in-between. Dividing into fourths is a little trickier, and you need to mark outside the circle. I'd generally just use a straight ruler for fourths.

I'm sure there are myriads of different online calculators which can be taken advantage of if you need precise measurements. As mentioned above, for something like table legs, I just eyeball them.

Mitchell

Circle.pngCircle2.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the very detailed reply. :smile:

"I just eyeball them."

Good to know! Yeah I tend to just use a long ruler and by trial and error try to eventually get a measurement that fits the number of legs based on the circumference. It's a poor technique I know.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects