Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install levelling feet?

Linlin
Cultivating a Following

How to install levelling feet?

I've just put together 2 tallboys, and they're just a bit off level so I'd like to install some levelling feet. 

I found this product, but I assume I need something else to put in the leg so I can screw these in?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/richmond-25mm-x-m8-steel-fixed-levelling-foot-4-pack_p0011638

Is there an instruction video by any chance? Or any tips on which products you recommend to use for a tallboy? 

Thanks so much

Linlin

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to install levelling feet?

Thanks for reaching out to the community with your question @Linlin.

@TedBear and @JoeAzza may be able to offer suggestions, and our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL is always happy to help.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Linlin.

Bunnings sell these inserts, you to drill the base to insert these nuts. Another way would be to make some timber packing or wedges (see image below) to make the cupboard level.

JoeAzza_0-1628032732851.png

JoeAzza_1-1628032972748.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Linlin

Thank you for sharing your question about installing leveling feet on your tallboys.

That sounds like a great idea to stabilize your cabinet. I recommend using the Adoored 5/16" Vertical Leg Plate - 2 Pack at the bottom of your cabinets to allow you to screw the Richmond 25mm x M8 Steel Fixed Levelling Foot - 4 Pack to the bottom of the cabinet. I suggest considering using Surface Gard 22mm White Rubber Screw-On Bumper - 4 Pack. This is a medium-density rubber foot that should take up small differences in the level of your floor. It sounds like a great addition to your storage, any photo updates you can provide would be much appreciated. 

Let me tag our experienced members @JoeAzza and @prettyliving for their recommendations.

If you need more assistance with the fittings, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Linlin  if it is just a small amount of movement on one or two of the feet you could use adhesive felt pads to stabilise the unit, without altering it's overall height. They come in various shapes and sizes, very cheap, easy to fit (with someone to lift a little) and to adjust (add another if need be, but if  more than 2 needed, you'd better use screw on feet). I usually colour the edges with black felt-tip pen, if you can't get any black felt.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/surface-gard-47mm-round-self-adhesive-felt-40-pack_p3970367

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects