Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace roller blind?

divergentmojo
Just Starting Out

How to replace roller blind?

Can I remove and replace this type of roller blind - and if so, how?

I've recently purchase my home and am slowly working on making it my own. I want to replace and update this roller blind with a new one - I can't figure out if/how to remove it. Can it be replaced using the same mounting brackets? If so, how do I do that?

Or do I need to remove everything entirely?IMG_20220715_201609.jpgIMG_20220715_202427.jpgIMG_20220715_202455.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to replace roller blind?

Good morning @divergentmojo 

The non-corded end - your bottom photo - 'should' lift up out of a groove to reveal a plastic pin. Pulling this end forward, the blind can be removed.

Apologies for the dust in my photo.

20220716_092301.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace roller blind?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @divergentmojo. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a roller blind.

It's great to see you've already received some helpful advice from @Noyade. Let us know if that method works for you.

Typically, roller blinds come with proprietary brackets, and you'll likely have to replace the current ones with those provided with your new blind.

Please reach out again if you continue to have issues removing the blinds.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects