Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mirrored bedroom doors - Replacement of 6 wooden doors or adhere mirror panel ?

Jano
Getting Established

Mirrored bedroom doors - Replacement of 6 wooden doors or adhere mirror panel ?

Currently I have 3 sliding white solid wood wardrobe doors but want mirrored ones. Help? Is it expensive? Is it best to buy new mirrored doors or glue mirrors directly as panels? Also are the tracks an universal measure or would this entail replacing the tracks? I have 2 bedrooms that require this renovation - both bedrooms are tiny, almost claustraphobic! All suggestions would be very welcome 😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mirrored Bedroom Doors - Replacement of 6 wooden doors or adhere mirror panel ?

Hi @Jano,

The first thing to check will be if there is enough room for the doors to have the 3mm thick mirrors attached to them with adhesive and still be able to slide past each other. If they are tightly fitted, there might not be room for this modification. The tracks could be a universal size, but they could be unique if this is a proprietary system. Could you let us know the size of the doors and possibly show us the hanging/sliding system?

Once you provide some images of the doors, our members will have a better idea of what you are working with and what suggestions they could make.

I look forward to hearing more about your project and assisting further.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Mirrored Bedroom Doors - Replacement of 6 wooden doors or adhere mirror panel ?

As not all door tracks are created equal, when checking the gap pinch the doors together so any wear/play is taken up so you can take a worse case measurement for safety.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects