Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Our DIY wooden bed using pallet timber

aimee_ball_99
Finding My Feet

Our DIY wooden bed using pallet timber

Our DIY king size bed. We started this DIY because the price of a solid wooden king size bed was out of our budget. We researched pallet beds and started from there. I absolutely love the barn door beds so we used that style for our bed. The base is made from pine pallets and the headboard and baseboard is made from hardwood pallets. All the pallets we acquired were free and we only spent money on screws and stain. I love that we were able to reuse some old wood pallets that were heading to the dump, now they have a new lease of life and will live on for hopefully the rest of our lives. This DIY took us a total of 10 days. 

525B7C93-EAF0-47D0-BC5C-96A750928EFA.jpeg

24BBFBB6-F086-43BA-8A81-28B483E3C695.jpeg

8806CF49-D6D7-4A23-9329-2E4D4788E874.jpeg

A5D44898-0891-4C6F-B99F-A4B2EC0979B1.jpeg

  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Our DIY wooden bed using pallet timber

Great to have you join us and start sharing your projects @aimee_ball_99. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations soon. It looks like you have a lot of creativity and experience to share with the Bunnings Workshop community. You should also get plenty of great advice and ideas in return. You'll see from articles like Top 10 most popular pallet projects that pallet recycling is super popular with our members. 

Welcome aboard and thanks again for your post. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects