Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting bedroom black

jemma11
Having an Impact

Painting bedroom black

Wanted to create a calm atmosphere and direct the eye out the windows to our bush view, so I bit the bullet and painted the whole room matte black. Amazed at how beautifully it works, but can’t decide now which bedding to use.  What do you think, the white, or the green? 

B653B27D-ECF1-4FA3-B200-955393307DF1.jpeg

03A936DE-4481-4A2E-8A3C-A1F3AC43D760.jpeg

EDE83C7E-67D0-4991-8948-E7C90199CDDD.jpeg

084D2609-0681-400E-97D0-1F5D42B4CEB1.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting Bedroom Black

Lovely work, @jemma11

How'd you go painting all those recessed mortar lines? Last time I had to paint bricks, I used a UNi-PRO 270mm 20mm Nap Genius Sheepskin Paint Roller Cover as the longer nap got into most of the gaps. It looks like your mortar is quite sunken, and I suspect there was a bit of brush painting involved.

The white bedspread is a bit too stark for my liking, but it does look quite fresh.

Many thanks for sharing, as your results are wonderful. Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, I think I agree that the white is a bit too high contrast. 
The bricks took ages, used a bevel brush to get into the recessed areas then a wider one for the flat surface. 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@jemma11 

That looks incredible! Thanks for sharing! 😍

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

That black looks fantastic @jemma11 

Both the green & the White don't really tickle my fancy. I'd match the black either Black & Grey, Black & White or match the tone of the wood you have in the room with a nice brown & white. :smile: 

Remarka6le
Puddin
Building a Reputation

Re: Painting bedroom black

Love the look Jemma, think the green looks better. Would love to see it with an rich emerald green cover I think it would pick up on the curtains. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Puddin

Let me tag @jemma11 to make them aware of your kind words and suggestions. I love the matt black finish, it's so subdued and relaxing.

Eric

brendawebster44
Making a Splash

Hello, I have always thought pink and black compliment each other.However I am unsure what genders will be enjoying the ambiance. 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Jemma

:surprised: Ive always wanted to but thought it would be too dark. Nope, love how yours turned out :smile:

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Dave-1

Let me tag @jemma11 to make them aware of your kind words. I believe that in order to paint your bedroom black it has to have a great deal of outdoor light coming in. If the room is already dark to begin with, painting it black will make it even darker.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects