Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Piano-style coat hook

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Piano-style coat hook

I am renovating my grandsons bedroom, so far I have painted the the room, just waiting for plantation shutters for the window and a room air conditioner. In the mean time I have made a coat hook that looks similar to piano keys, he likes music and plays a piano. This will be mounted to the wall in the bedroom.

keys.png

IMG_1965.JPGIMG_1966.JPGIMG_1967.JPGIMG_1971.JPGIMG_1973.JPGIMG_1975.JPGIMG_1976.JPGIMG_1977.JPGIMG_1978.JPGIMG_1993.JPGIMG_1995.JPGIMG_1996.JPGIMG_1998.JPGIMG_1999.JPGIMG_2002.JPGIMG_2005.JPGIMG_2021.JPGIMG_2023.JPGIMG_2024.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Coat Hook

Hi @JoeAzza

What a beautiful and creative clothes hanger. Thank you so much for posting those assembly photos. I'm sure our members will appreciate the steps you posted. Did you make the hanger keys the same size as the one you measured on the piano or did you make them a lot larger? Any other details you can share while you were building it would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you for posting another amazing woodworking project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

@EricL thank you,  I made them all the same size as the piano keys, I would only hang light clothing on it. I used pine for 19mm DAR pine for the keys, and 19 mm Tassie oak for the frame. I used 6mm rod to assemble the keys together.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Wonderful project @JoeAzza! You're incredibly talented, and I'm sure your grandson appreciates all the effort you've gone to.

Many thanks for sharing all those construction images. I trust that any of our members wishing to replicate your project will find them very handy.

Well done.

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Piano-style coat hook

Love it @JoeAzza, thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure your creativity will really inspire others.

Jason

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

This is so creative @JoeAzza ! It really looks like you took parts of a piano to make this!

Did you have to paint the "keys" individually and then assemble or did you paint after assembly?

Katie

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Thank you @KatieC 

I did spray paint the keys individually, before assembly

.IMG_2013 (2).JPGIMG_2015 (2).JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

robchin
Becoming a Leader

that is very cool @JoeAzza . Well done. 

mhammamy
Finding My Feet

I live it So! So elegant and creative

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mhammamy. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

I apologise for the belated greetings. Let me mention @JoeAzza, so he is alerted to your kind comment about the project. 

Would you like to build something like this, or do you need assistance building a coat rake? Our members would be more than happy to assist with any questions you have. I'm sure @JoeAzza could give you some tips as well.

We'll be looking forward to hearing all about your projects around the home and garden and trust you'll receive plenty of inspiration for them from our clever and creative members.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects