Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Troopy transformation

Andreasawesome
Getting Established

Troopy transformation

My troopy had been through a couple of transitions to get it right.

This design was done on the fly using a mix of old timber materials, found over the years, ply and fixings from Bunnings and an up cycled leather luggage strap for cupboard handles. The lounge storage area is accessible both from the top and via a hinged door, on a wheel. Their cushion was cut from a no longer used foam mattress and I made the cover and matching front seat covers from op shopped wool blankets. The top of the cupboard space features a stainless steel top as a kitchen area when the weather isn’t being kind and both rear doors are being utilised for storage, drop down tables and/or bench space. The floor has been lined in verge collected, bright retro carpet.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Troopy set up

Hi @Andreasawesome,

This is such a cool project! I am sure that our caravan enthusiasts like @twocutekelpies@selva, and @woodenwookie will appreciate your troopy transformation. This would make for a fantastic entry in our ongoing search for Australia's best D.I.Y. project this D.I.Y. July so I've gone ahead and submitted your project for you. Do you have some great adventures planned for the remainder of the year?

Members who are inspired by your project might want to check out 10 caravan renovations for some bonus inspiration.

Great work!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects