Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard firepit area

sannear
Building a Reputation

Backyard firepit area

AA66E4C6-E1B5-4E42-898C-BA162AB69E7B.jpeg

0781E5C5-EFAA-445A-B5CD-8675605E1DC0.jpeg

sannear1.jpegsannear2.jpegsannear3.jpeg

My biggest DIY project to date. Outdoor firepit seating area. Made from besser blocks and decorative breeze blocks, finished off with a spotted gum floating bench seat and decorative rocks and stepping pavers on the ground 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Backyard firepit area

Hello @sannear

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your backyard firepit project.

What a wonderful backyard makeover. Thanks for posting those progress shots of the build, I'm sure our members will find them very useful. Can you please tell us the overall size of the seating area including the firepit? did you use Merbau panels for your seats? How long did it take to finish the entire project?

If you have any other information you can share about the backyard firepit project it would be very much appreciated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done @sannear, it looks like a terrific space that you will be able to enjoy with friends and family for many years to come. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it and expect your handiwork to be much admired by other members. Firepit projects are always super popular with the Bunnings Workshop community.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with other members.

Jason

trishduke
Finding My Feet

Love this so much Congratulations 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @trishduke. It's wonderful to have you join us, and I'm pleased to hear you found this project inspirational.

Were you considering a similar project? Check out this handy article on How to build a fire pit. With the assistance of our helpful community members, I trust you'll be able to create a stunning outdoor entertaining space.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

Hi @sannear 

That does look very nice. Well done.

May I ask the purpose of the pole you built with it? And that cement(?) circle?

Cheers!

sannear3.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade

Let me tag @sannear to make sure they see your query. I noticed that post as well and was curious about its purpose. However, I did not notice that big round cement circle you're pointing at. Could the post be a laundry line post? 

Eric

sannear
Building a Reputation

Hi @Noyade ,

The Post is to hang festoon lights up from our deck to the post and then to another tree.

The Cement circle thing is a cover council put there for our sewer access. So nothing special with that haha.

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sannear

Thank you very much for that update. @Noyade and I were very curious as to what the post was for. I was thinking that the cement circle was a special step going to your firepit area! 

Eric

WayneM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Lovely work @sannear. Many thanks for sharing, and again, well done.

You've provided such detailed information that will be a great help to our community members.

Thousands of people have viewed your article and we are interested in turning your project into a Featured Project article. Do you have any more pictures you could share?

It would also be great if you could share any other tips or lessons learned during your project that would assist others interested in constructing firepit areas or other similar outdoor projects.

Many thanks,

Wayne

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects