Was wanting to renovate my backyard patio since the time I bought the house early last year as the outdoor space was looking too tired and letting down the overall look and feel of the property.
Got some time this winter with my parental leave and Covid lockdowns.
Quite happy with the end results as I was able to achieve the look i was after and this being my first outdoor DIY project.
Our outdoor space is a lot more inviting now!
Wanted to post this here as majority if not all of the tools and hardware used for the project were from Bunnings
I've also captured a timelapse video of the whole progress - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bad2enWUi6Y
Though not very informative, as I did not want to keep the video too long, Could be useful to get an idea for anyone wanting to work on a similar project.
At a highlevel, here were the jobs completed:
1. Build 2 treated pine decks . 4300 * 4100mm and 4200 * 4200mm
2. Built a Daybed 2400*800*450mm
3. Built a Planter Box 3600*600*800mm
4. Pressure washed the stencilled concrete patio and sealed it using Crommelin stained sealer
5. Spray painted the fence using Dulux rapid finish fence paint
6. Built a wall feature using garden screen and LED strip
Do share your feedback on what I could have done better.
Happy to share links of all products I used if anyone needs them
Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Jason (@becandjason). It is fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.
Let me mention @Chiren_J so they are alerted to your kind feedback and so they can hopefully answer your question.
Do you have a paving project you'd like to share with the community? We'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance with it or would like to share your results. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration, just like this project, on the site as our creative members are sharing their ideas here every day.
Thanks, I used Crommelin 8L Clear Satin DiamondCoat Tintable Sealer with Basalt color tint. Link below.
Mine was a stencilled concrete btw, not pavers and The stainer seeps into the concrete, unlike paint that sits on the top.
I like so much the project that I will start a similar one . Would you mind sharing the links for the timber used for the planter boxes and the type of palms planted there?
Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @youlia_tre. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.
Let me tag @Chiren_J for you so they are alerted to your question about the timber and palms used. You might also like to hit the Start a discussion button and share details of what you have planned for your own backyard so our helpful members can assist. I'm sure @MitchellMc will also be happy to help when he returns from holidays.
Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden.
I used H4 treated timber sleepers and posts for the planter boxes frame that stays in contact with garden soil and moisture.
I also used some treated pine decking boards over the sleepers for the dressed look. These were the same boards I used for decking and Later stained the decking boards.
The palms are banglow palms, supposed to get tall. Intention was the screen neighbors windows.
Good luck with your project!
This looks amazing. Nothing like a holiday in your backyard, now that we can't travel much.
Very useful, my husband is attempting to build our deck, I will definitely show him your post.
Brilliant! I particularly like the way that those two raised decking sections worked along with the fence and garage wall to create an "entertaining pit" effect.
I can never show the video to my wife... she already thinks I work too slowly, so to see how rapidly you appeared to work to make this in a few minutes, might make for unrealistic expectations...😊
Impressed by your using all of the materials too. There seemed to be very little wastage.