Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard patio makeover

Chiren_J
Building a Reputation

Backyard patio makeover

Was wanting to renovate my backyard patio since the time I bought the house early last year as the outdoor space was looking too tired and letting down the overall look and feel of the property.

Got some time this winter with my parental leave and Covid lockdowns. 

Quite happy with the end results as I was able to achieve the look i was after and this being my first outdoor DIY project.

Our outdoor space is a lot more inviting now!

Wanted to post this here as majority if not all of the tools and hardware used for the project were from Bunnings :smile:

I've also captured a timelapse video of the whole progress - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bad2enWUi6Y

Though not very informative, as I did not want to keep the video too long, Could be useful to get an idea for anyone wanting to work on a similar project.

At a highlevel, here were the jobs completed:

1. Build 2 treated pine decks . 4300 * 4100mm and 4200 * 4200mm

2. Built a Daybed 2400*800*450mm

3. Built a Planter Box 3600*600*800mm

4. Pressure washed the stencilled concrete patio and sealed it using Crommelin stained sealer

5. Spray painted the fence using Dulux rapid finish fence paint

6. Built a wall feature using garden screen and LED strip

Do share your feedback on what I could have done better.

Happy to share links of all products I used if anyone needs them

IMG-4386.jpgIMG-3105.jpgIMG-4390.jpgIMG-3101.jpgIMG-4394.jpgIMG-3100.jpg

jose29
Growing in Experience

Re: Backyard patio makeover

Amazing 👏🏼👌🏼😍

DIYImpressions
Having an Impact

Brillian piece of work  @Chiren_J

I am truly amazed and really like the colour combination. Do you mind telling me which rapid finish colour you used on the fence? I am about to begin my fence make over. And did you use spray gun? Thanks

Hi @DIYImpressions 

Thanks for your kind words, I used the Dulux RapidFinish Exterior Low Sheen Acrylic paint and the colour was dark grey but I unfortunately don't remember the exact Dulux colour name that I picked up at the Bunning paint helpdesk.

Yes I used the dulux rapid finish spray gun.

Good luck with your project!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Does Ironstone or Domino rings any bells @Chiren_J? They are both popular colour choices for fences and appear as a bluey-grey.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects