Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bird Cage Grills

ColinJSims
Just Starting Out

Bird Cage Grills

I have tried buying bird cages on-line but find that, now, none send to my address in Margaret River. I have a metal's trade background from my earlier years and think it would be reasonably easy to use a small welder to make my own. 

My question is, where can I find suitable 'grill-like' metal sheets that are not mesh or chicken wire. That is, vertical wire about half inch apart with the occasional horizontal wire? 

Grateful for any advice and suggestions.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bird Cage Grills

A very warm welcome to Workshop @ColinJSims. We're pleased to have you join the community and trust you will learn and be inspired by other community members as you join in the D.I.Y. discussions. 

I will tag some of our resident bird fanciers in the community, such as @darylhewston@Brad and @Bulldozer who hopefully will be able to offer some suggestions for building your own bird cages. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any suggestions about how we can make Workshop more useful for you. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects