Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY caravan reno - 1998 Evernew

mazandchris
Growing in Experience

DIY caravan reno - 1998 Evernew

3BFFB4BE-601C-4C7A-90AF-349E677A5692.jpeg

F9A8BE4D-6768-42CA-97D4-82F54C8B2ACF.jpeg

CB299C4D-CB80-4AB7-BAF2-4B1E05721DED.jpeg

5197E6E1-3C01-4018-AE94-3A3FFFF642CF.jpeg

   

2B6490EE-6DEB-4E11-B4C0-F354B8094A1C.jpeg

4E1F3A32-0373-417F-93CD-AF6731CE4809.jpeg

5FCC3A65-DEB6-4EDB-BF0E-0A4D83859D48.jpeg

  

Wominjeka ( WELCOME) to LAXIN’n in Laurie!!

Our newly renovated 1998 EVERNEW Caravan  NOW transformed to a shack on wheels.. 

Our before photos of Laurie are dark and dingy, with no style or personality The Marshall Reno revamp team ( Amanda and Chris) we turned LAXIN’n in Laurie into an oasis of adventure and LAXIN’n. 

Outback Australia lookout for LAXIN’n in Laurie  ... Cause here we come 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: LAXIN’n in Lourie! - DIY CARAVAN RENO

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mazandchris. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your caravan reno.

What a delightful transformation you've completed there. I trust you're exceptionally proud of the results. 

It would be great if you could provide a few details on the steps you took to achieve this project. Our members always love a good caravan reno, so I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear any information you can provide.

Great work and we look forward to hearing about your outback adventures.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, thanks so much for your message! 
We are wrapped with how Laurie has been revamped! We had been travelling for sometime in a swag- unless we were in croc 🐊 country and utilised a roof top tent! So it was time to upgrade. We finally got up enough courage and took the plunge and bought an old van. He was an old ripper ( much like his previous owner ......Laurie)  it had everything we ever wanted in it , including a washing machine. But it was very old , dark and dingy. It also had some serious water damage around the windows and down the walls. We ripped out nearly everything including the two single beds. The lounge, dining area was a gorgeous racey red and an odd shape, So It had all had to go.

From there we pull off all cabinet doors and cupboard and stripped the walls back to bare! That meant we took off all electrical fittings to expose more power outlets and 12 Volt lights than most small houses ..........wowwwwww 😳😳😳

Than came the rebuild.  Relining walls, timber framing to build queen size bed and additional small cupboards all materials purchase from our local Bunnings. Next came the longest haul of all ......the prep to paint- for 19 foot van it felt like we were painting a mansion...... it look forever. Once again all materials purchased from our local Bunnings. 

Than came the fun part the fit off and putting Laurie back together....

Beautiful hardwood timber panels for bench tops.... yeah they came from Bunnings. Taps , splash back aluminium and Gerflor flooring .....guess where we got it all.......from Bunnings 😁👍🤠😎✔️✔️✔️
Bunnings became our one stop caravan shop 🤙 ✔️✔️✔️

georgiemarshall
Finding My Feet

Re: DIY caravan reno - 1998 Evernew

fantastic Reno you guys, must have taken heaps of time... killed it hope you win the competition you really deserve it... got a few questions in regards to the RENO on Laurie. 
The cupboards look unreal, must have had someone who knows what they’re doing they look nice and flush, looks great keep up the good work 

Many thanks for the additional info, @mazandchris! It really helps paint the whole story. Congrats on an amazing project.

Mitchell

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @georgiemarshall. It's marvellous to have you join us, and great to hear you've found this wonderful project of interest.

Let me mention @mazandchris so they are alerted to your question.

Are you planning a caravan renovation? If so, we'd be keen to hear all about it. We've got plenty of members that are caravan enthusiasts, so I trust they'll be able to answer any questions you might have. Check out this three-part guide on How to renovate a caravan. There's heaps of great information to get you started.

I look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

Feel free to fire away with any questions you have @georgiemarshall. I'm sure @mazandchris will be happy to help as much as they can.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us and we trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiring ideas from the community. 

Jason

Hi there Georgie! 

Much thanks for your message-cheers🤙

It certainly did take some time🙃. You look at a van and go yeahhhh this is gunna be relatively quick and easy! Hmmmmmm yeahhhh.......not so quick and easy we learnt 😳😳😳😁😁😁! But heres cheers to thinking we had this revamp sorted and under control! 🤪🤪🤪! Don’t think so......

Your eye for cupboards details are good, they are seriously tricky! And yes you need to know and have the help of a legend who knows what they are doing to get them back on and up and square- the funny 😁 thing is that this old girl wasn’t too square😖😫😩

If your thinking of doing up an old van....... don’t think the primer, sealer,  undercoat and paint process is going to be a quick and enjoyable job! Yes,  It certainly has the biggest and best impact, but mannnnnnn was is it a long messy job that felt like we were painting a mansion! 

Moral of the story is it was hard, messy and frustrating at times........ but man Laurie is a banger and totally worth it ❤️❤️❤️

mazandchris
Growing in Experience

Cheers Jason! Thank you for the warm welcome- we are looking forward to being apart of the Bunnings Workshop Community! Yewwww 🤙🤙🤙👍👍👍✌️✌️✌️

Annie24
Finding My Feet

@mazandchris 

Hey guys! Just wanted to say what an awesome job you have done! Looks amazing! Could I possibly know what colour you used for the interior? And while I'm here I will be brave and ask where you got that gorgeous flooring from along with the worktops?! They look insane! 😍 

The vibe you have going on in Laurie is epic! Where did you get your inspiration from? I'm struggling with a reno at the moment and just can't seem to settle on an idea/theme!! Have a ripper of a day Team Marshall!! Awesome job 👏 👍 👷‍♀️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects