Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do you have a Jumbuck Spit Roaster?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have a Jumbuck Spit Roaster?

Roaster.pngLoved the story on Channel 9 last night with the bloke who set up a fan club dedicated to the mighty mini Jumbuck Small Rondo Charcoal Spit Roaster.

"Mr Crackleman" Matt Jackson now has over 3300 members on his Facebook group devoted to the low-cost spit roaster, which costs just $84.90.

I'm very tempted to get one myself as his pork shoulder looked fantastic, although I suspect my wife would be unhappy as I already have a barbecue and a smoker. 😁

Do you have a spit roaster? If so, I'd love to hear what you cook on it. 

Let me tag @Jackson and @MoonshineBen to see if they'd like to kick off the discussion. 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MoonshineBen
Making a Splash

Re: Do you have a Jumbuck Spit Roaster?

I do indeed, love mine. 

A favourite to do on it is rump cap, which comes as a big clod of meat, which is then cut into thick steaks and onto the rotisserie.

18131ACF-CBF6-4FB2-9ADA-38DCB75E4905 2.JPGDJI_20200704_140849_773 2.JPG

All it needs is salt.

And then I serve it up with some chimmichuri.

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au
Jackson
Making a Splash

Holy moly @MoonshineBen, that looks amazing! You've got me well and truly covered.

I like to partake in a gyros when the weather is nice, but think I need to get a bit more adventurous. Here is a potato-quality photo (complete with flare up) of my last go at it with lamb at one end and a bit of pork at the other.

IMG_4259.jpg

Side note: how bloody good is chimichurri?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Jackson,

Glad to see you taking advantage of the weather with some gyros. I have to thank you though, I am now both hungry and looking at purchasing the jumbuck spit roaster. My wife and I are both fans of gyros. After a fantastic trip to Greece a couple of years ago it was one of the foods we really loved. I must say your flame-grilled meat looks exceptional.

I look forward to hearing more about what you've been up to and the projects going on around your house and garden.

Mitchell

@Jason, you are killing me here!

I also saw the story and have been in a battle with my Minister Of Home Finances here and she's winning the fight so far. 😭

She's collecting an Ozito Planer for me from Bunnings tomorrow, so I really had no hope in grabbing one of these beauties.

Thanks for rubbing salt into the wounds. 😋

Christmas isn't too far away @Aussie-Garden. Try to be nice rather than naughty in the next few months and you never know...

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects