Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fence makeover

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

Fence makeover

4.jpgWhat a epic transformation in our backyard!

I used the Dulux Rapid Finish Spray Gun and Dulux Rapid Finish Paint!

This is only one coat so far, but it makes such a difference to a once boring fence.

Best $99 I spent on this Spray Gun, works a treat!

*Note: I did dilute the paint by 10% to allow a more consistent flow 

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Re: Fence makeover

We just used a brush on the top of the fence @mel0567. Have you made a start yet?

Here's a new video just released today that you might be interested in seeing.

Thanks for that, the guy in the video makes it look super easy. No, haven't started yet, still need to buy a spray gun, hopefully will start next weekend. Total novice here, but determined to start doing things myself instead of paying people!

I used a 3m long cloth backed drop sheet draped over th fence. Sprayed th top by holding th top 1/2m  of sheet up with one hand while using th spray gun with th other. Hand got painted but not a problem with acrylic paint ☺

Hey @mel0567 

Apologies for the delayed reply.

We also used the same gun and paint for our colourbond shed and it looks great.
Put the flow on a lower speed, this will stop the dropping from occuring.

No, I just sprayed, there was very very minimal overspray. 

Cole_73
Getting Established

Is the rapid finish paint suitable for Exterior Brick Render (ie masonry brick house external) that is already pre-painted white or is it better to use the Dulux Weathershield paint which I think is a much better paint but is it needed.  In saying that would the Weathershield provide less future maintenance if used on Wood Fence.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Cole_73,

For pre-painted masonry surfaces, you must ensure the surface is of sound condition. You might need to clean with sugar soap and/or sand back the gloss level. Apply one coat of Dulux 1 Step Prep, followed by two coats Dulux Weathershield.

Weathershield is certainly a premium option that will give you many years of protection from all weather conditions, as it is guaranteed not to peel, flake or blister for as long as you live in your home.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects