Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fence screening ideas for a rental?

Leannerobbo
Finding My Feet

Fence screening ideas for a rental?

Could somebody please advise of a low cost option for creating a trellis/ screen to cover a colour bond fence in my rental .I’d love to do cabling but I doubt screws in the fence is an option . I’d like to train a climber to cover ( star jasmine) 

Thanking you 

Leanne 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fence screening ideas for a rental?

Hi @Leannerobbo,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join in the discussion.

I believe most landlords would consider a project like this to be an investment in their property: Training climbers to screen a fence by @royq. It would be worth having a chat to them. You'll see it has been a very popular project and other members like @leighq and @rexilla99 have replicated it with fantastic results.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fence screening ideas for a rental?

Hello @Leannerobbo

Thank you for sharing your question about fence screening.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jason. His recommendation is spot on and is an affordable way to dress up the Colorbond Fence. I recommend drawing up a plan on paper before you speak to your landlord. You may also show them pictures of the project so that they will see how much better it will look. 

When your landlord sees what an added feature it will be to their property, I suggest using Buildex Metal C4 HexHead No Seal Tek Screws 10g x 16 mm Shale Grey Bx100 to secure the cabling. Using 140mm Star Jasmine - Trachelospermum jasminoides is ideal as it is what the others have used on their fence project. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your fence screening installed.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects