Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fix a post to Hebel rendered wall

dazzap
Just Starting Out

Fix a post to Hebel rendered wall

I want to fix a 3 m post to the corner of a house that has hebel cladding. The post will be used to secure about 7 rows of stainless wire that will be secured to the opposite post, about 3 m away, which will be concreted in. The wire would be tensioned about hand tight.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: fix a post to hebel rendered wall

Hi @dazzap,

Let me extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

Normally I would ask the wonderful @MitchellMc to assist you, but he is taking a well-earned break at the moment. Perhaps helpful members like @Brad, @JDE, @Noyade or @diy_hausdesigns might like to kick off this discussion and share how they would approach this job. 

Please feel free to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members for all your projects.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

CSR have Type 17 Screws listed as being good for fixing, I think you can get screws up to 200mm long from Bunnings.

@MitchellMc has posted before on using Ramplugs for Hebel.

While I have spent much of my life as a dyna-bolt person, I won't argue with the manufacturer who recommends Type 17 Screws for fixing Power Panel and they use 65mm screws for holding 1.2mm angle.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Brad.

@dazzap, here are some previous discussions where @MitchellMc has recommended products for use with Hebel:

Hope you find these other discussions useful.

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fix a post to Hebel rendered wall

How did you go with your project @dazzap? Any issues fixing to the Hebel panel?

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects