Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gas and Wheels

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Gas and Wheels

Around 500 metres from my home is a service station that refills gas cylinders. Rather than carry or drive there, I stole an idea from Bunnings and built a trolley on a larger scale so I can wheel it there and back. Built from odds and ends in the backyard its proven to be quite roadworthy...

20190905_115800.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Gas and Wheels

Fantastic build!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Turned out to be a dud - not in concept, but the service station itself.

Wheeled a cylinder there 5 times now. Three times they were "outta gas". Once they were "too busy" and once "sorry, I dunno how".

I recently purchased a LPG/O2 torch set-up and reconfigured the trolley to take the oxygen cylinder.

I have now gone back to swapping the LPG bottles at Bunnings.

Trolley Mk.2Trolley Mk.2

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Noyade,

Many thanks for the update, it certainly looks like it is being put to good use!

I was a fan of having my bottles filled but for the last several years I've swapped at Bunnings. The convenience and speed at which I can swap a bottle far outweighed the minimal amount I was saving by filling.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects