Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a roof to Colorbond pool fencing?

pcoward
Finding My Feet

How to add a roof to Colorbond pool fencing?

Hi There,

I have to update my pool fencing to meet the NSW guidelines and one of the things I have to do is put a roof over the pool pump and filter to make it all comply.

I will have 2 sides of colourbond fencing and a full height metal post to support the other corner so to speak.

It won't be a simple square shape so i will have to cut something to fit but it would be a 4 sided shape supported as noted by the fences on 2 sides and a post on the opposite corner.

I'm not sure what to use for the roof itself and how to fit it to the fence panels.  It

Does anyone have any recommendations that I can use?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to add a roof to Colorbond pool fencing?

@pcoward 

You have made me think its time I look up the rules for pools :surprised: 
I want to make my pool pump quieter and was thinking of some icf panel type deal. I was concerned about heat escaping but not concerned about roofing until now. 

For working out what I want to build I generally rough out on paper a sketch of the structure,
then put meausurements into the sketch. This really narrows down what type of materials I can use.

Sketch first then wander bunnings :smile:

Dave

Thanks mate.

In our case it's because the equipment is too close to the boundary fence.  A fix is to essentially put it in a shed that uses the existing fences as walls and the roof is in line with the top of the fence. :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @pcoward 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you joins us, and thank you for sharing your question about your pool pump cover.

It's great that you've received excellent suggestions from @Dave-1. I recommend having a quick look at this guide - How to build a pool pump cover by @MitchellMc. Would it be possible for you post a few photos of the pool pump and its location? Our members will then be able to assess the location of the pump. We can then make recommendations on how to cover it.

I often suggest using Specrite 1800 x 902mm Pre-Oiled Merbau Alternating Slat Fence Panel as both roof and cover panel for the pump frame. I suggest having a look at this discussion - Re: How to build wooden pool pump cover and cabinet to match by @baltoi79. The pump frame can be adjusted to match your fence height.

If you need hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects